Thursday, October 13, 2016

Vocabulary #6

meme: an element of a culture that is considered to be passed from one individual to another by nongenetic means
 Memes have been passed down from earlier generations.

virus:a code often planted illegally in a computer program, often to damage or shut down a system
 I hate viruses my computer always gets one.

viral: involving the spreading of information and opinions about a product especially on the internet
 I want to make a video that goes viral and makes me famous.

blog: a website containing the author's log or opinions
I am doing a blog for Preston's class.

wiki: a website that allows interaction with the users to edit and revise
 Dr. Preston will turn the class blog into a wiki soon.

URL: an address that defines a particular file on the internet
 I always find it hard to copy down a URL.

 website: a connected group of pages on the World Wide Web regarded as a single entity
 I always use websites to help me with my homework.

www: a network of interlinked documents, World Wide Web
 I like to use The World Wide Web for help everyday.

internet: a vast computer network linking smaller computer networks
The internet is always taken for granted now a days.

2.0: a more advanced and interactive system
 The internet from today is 2.0 compared to when it barely came out.

open source: meaning a software which its original source code is open to the public
 We are using open source learning in class.


 
         
 

No comments:

Post a Comment